Baking Mix for Cats
100% organic, chef-crafted, climate pawprint-friendly mix-ins to boost nourishment of your cat’s meals.
15% off when you buy three or more!
1 pouch = 72 total servings of botanical bark = about 2 1/2-month supply (when feeding 1 piece bark a day as a meal mix-in or topper — or a cat treat!)
Good for your pets: Baking mix is made with nutrient-rich, whole plant food ingredients that are 100% nourishing + naturally-occurring prebiotics (may be good for digestion!) and naturally-occurring antioxidants (may be good for mobility and more!) + great for humans, but designed only for cats!
Good for the planet: 100% USDA certified organic + made with sustainably-sourced plants that can help minimize your pet’s climate pawprint + packaged responsibly. (Yes, we’re plastic free!)
Good fun for everyone: Chef-crafted to be easy to make, even for kids (just add H2O, shape and bake!) + offers optimum curiosity for our “furry kids” + creates enjoyment for all. (Hint: Makes a great gift!)
100% Plant Based
Nothing Artificial or Icky
Features Herbs & Spices
Free of Top Allergens
100% Organic Ingredients
Source of Fiber
Organic whole grain ground oats, organic dried pumpkin, organic chickpea flour, organic ground chia seeds, organic wheatgrass powder, organic dried kelp, organic cranberry powder, organic basil, organic ginger
Certified Organic by NOFA-NY LLC
All of the basic directions you need are on the baking mix package. These are simply a bit more detailed.
- MAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- LINE an 8-inch (that’s 20.3-centimeter) square baking pan with unbleached parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This is so the bark doesn’t stick to the pan. (HINT: A baking mat works best! But if you use parchment paper, make sure it has “wings” that you can clip to the pan’s edges to make spreading the dough into the pan easier.)
- STIR the baking mix well with 2/3 cup water for 2 minutes. Press/spread into the lined baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, until firm on the outside with a soft chewy texture.
- COOL in the pan on a cooling rack. (Then, for best results, transfer the bark directly from the parchment paper or silicone mat to the rack to further cool and allow to further dry.) Cut into 9 large square slabs. (Do not serve hot.)
- STASH: Store in sealable container up to 1 day at room temp; 5 days in fridge; 6 months in freezer.
- SERVE: Cut or break slab into 8 bark pieces, then crumble bark into cat’s food – or feed whole as a treat. Tip: We know kitties are finicky; so serve as a meal mix-in before trying as a treat! (One package = 72 pieces bark.)
For more details: See Baking Mix How-To
Suggested bark feeding guidelines based on cat size:
10 lbs or less = 1 piece/day; >10 lbs = 2-3 pieces/day
Our baking mixes are 100% USDA certified organic. They’re made with sustainably-sourced plants that can help minimize your pet’s climate pawprint. And they’re packaged responsibly.
Our pouches are compostable (and plastic free!). Ideally, that means they should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and the mix should be prepared by the “best by” date. (Remember, you can freeze the prepared botanical bark for up to 6 months in the freezer!) To compost the pouch, peel or wash off the labels and place the used pouch in a composting bin. Find out where to compost HERE.
For more about our sustainability features, see our PLANET-FRIENDLY page HERE.
For adult cats only. This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with questions regarding your pet’s diet.
The ACVN Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists® at Veterinary Nutritional Consultations, Inc (VetNutrition.com) have reviewed these treat recipes and the products contain AAFCO approved ingredients.
There are no reviews yet.